My photo
Burgess Hill, West Sussex, United Kingdom
I love patchwork and quilting; I love learning new techniques and perfecting the old ones, but most of all I enjoy passing on what I have learnt to others. The most important thing is that we all have loads of fun!

Find out what's going on in my Patchwork and Quilting world.

Thursday 8 April 2010

Quilts at the Racecourse - Set-up Day

An early start today. We were up at 5am and out of the house just after 6. A fairly trouble-free drive, just a few slow spots, but the lovely weather helped make the journey more pleasant. Stopped a couple of times for coffee and a sandwich and arrived at Uttoxeter at 10:15.
Not only is this a different venue for us, we have also decided to change the look and layout of our stand quite drastically, so we took a while to decide exactly where we wanted everything before unloading the van and getting all the fabric out on the shelves.
Of course I forgot to take any photos today, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see how it all looks.
Looking forward now to a busy weekend - hoping that the good weather will bring out the crowds to see the fantastic display of quilts. I've only seen a few of them so far, but the standard looks high as usual.

Just a reminder of where we are - Quilts in the Garden (now at Uttoxeter Racecourse). Come along and say 'Hello'.

No comments: