My photo
Burgess Hill, West Sussex, United Kingdom
I love patchwork and quilting; I love learning new techniques and perfecting the old ones, but most of all I enjoy passing on what I have learnt to others. The most important thing is that we all have loads of fun!

Find out what's going on in my Patchwork and Quilting world.

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Some quilts are quick and some are slow

This one was started at the beginning of March and was actually finished, quilted and everything by the beginning of April, although I only just got round to photographing it.
The block design is known as a 'Bento Box' and it'll be available as a pattern and a workshop very soon!
This one was made from six specific fabrics, plus the neutral, as it is a Wedding Present and needs to fit in with the bedroom colour scheme, however I have worked out how it can easily be made from a Jelly Roll and a Charm Pack.
Here's a close-up of some of the quilting....

The next one is my Mariner's Compass Quilt which was started to accompany a workshop about 18 months ago (or maybe longer). In fact I finished the piecing by this time last year and took it on holiday with me to Italy which is where I started the quilting. Then it got put on the back-burner for almost a year. I just got it out the other week and finished off the quilting.
And a quilting close-up......




No comments: